There’s probably not a homeowner in the world who doesn’t struggle with dust, debris, and other frequent home allergens. Modern homes are really hectic places, and dust can start building up rather quickly—rapidly going from an annoyance to a full blown home obstacle with respiratory concerns and reduced HVAC efficiency. Looking for the main cause that makes your home so dusty? Aura Air Duct Cleaning & Restoration are here to help.
Our reliable experts provide top quality duct and vent cleaning services! When it comes to helping homeowners keep indoor air clean and easy to breathe, we’re the true dustbusters. Follow along to find the primary causes for in-home dust, and what you can do to terminate it.
Looking for a reliable air duct cleaning company? Contact Aura Air Duct Cleaning & Restorations and schedule your appointment today!
The Most Common Causes for a Dusty Home
Dust can enter and stack up in your home from a very wide range of problems, but these are the most common:
- Dusty, dirty ducts. We’ll start here, considering it’s our strong suite! Air ducts don’t need professional cleaning very often, but they do need it on a yearly basis to remain free and clear. When left alone for too long, they can rapidly become a breeding ground for common allergens, mold spore, and dust mites. This means when your HVAC system kicks on, all of that nastiness gets blown right into your home, keeping everything dusty and funky until you get a professional cleaning.
- Dusty carpets, rugs, and other fabrics. Fabrics tend to hold dust for a long period of time. What’s worse is that vacuuming can only do so much, and carpets tend to be the worst offenders of keeping ages worth of dust in your home. To treat this, wash your window fabrics regularly, and on occasion be sure to rent out a carpet cleaner.
- Air duct leaks. Have you had your ducts inspected by an HVAC professional recently? If not, you might want to get that done. Damaged or leaky ducts can drag in air from basements and attics, moving all of the dust those spaces gather right into your home from the vents.
- Outdated or poor quality air filters. Your standard fiberglass air filter has a fairly low MERV (Minimum Efficiency Reporting Value) rating, meaning they don’t really grasp as much dust as we would all like it to do so. To fix this, look for filters with a MERV of five or higher, and be sure to change your filters every so often. You’ll be eliminating dust and improving your air conditioner’s efficiency at the same time!
- Neglected dryer vents. Odds are you do a lot of laundry. But we’d put similar odds on you never having had a dryer vent cleaning. The fact is your dryer disposes loads of dust and lint through its vents, and while most of it ends up outside, a bit of it sticks around every time you do a load. A hundred loads later, you’ve got an unpleasant, dusty vent that can keep a lot of dust in your home and can even display as a fire hazard.
Contact Aura Air Duct Cleaning & Restorations
Aura Air Duct Cleaning & Restoration has been a trusted company offering professional indoor environmental solutions. Utilizing the finest equipment available and promoting the highest levels of training and quality standards, Aura Air Duct Cleaning & Restoration has delivered successful projects with predictable responsibility and 100% customer satisfaction.