When mold is not addressed immediately it tends to have negative effects such as causing severe damage to wherever it is growing, especially in your home. When mold first initializes in an area it is important to get it taken care of as soon as possible, the first sign of mold, even if you can’t see it, is a dirty, musty or mildew smell. Mold can be much more easily controlled and removed if addressed when it is first noticed rather than after it has already caused damage to your home’s floors, walls, ceilings, bathroom, HVAC system, and you and your family’s health. Call mold remediation San Antonio today to keep your home and your family safe and healthy.
Mold anywhere in your home can be concerning, however, mold in your home’s HVAC system can be detrimental to your family’s health and can introduce mold into the air you breathe. Mold can be prompted to grow in your HVAC system due to ideal environments being created and introduced to your home’s heating and cooling system by something as uncontrollable as the weather outside. The humidity paired with the Texas heat can cause your home’s heating and cooling system to have the ideal environment for mold to grow. When mold first starts to grow, it is usually too small to see or can be hidden deep inside your HVAC system. By the time you can see it, there is usually a severe mold problem. UV-C lights are proven to remove and prevent mold and other unwanted bacteria and particles from your HVAC system. UV lights are not only energy efficient but are compact, allowing them to be installed in hard to reach places like deep within your HVAC system. For more information on UV and UV-C lights for removal and prevention of mold in your HVAC system check out our UV Light Installation page. Call mold remediation San Antonio to get any mold in your HVAC system taken care of effectively, efficiently, and affordably.
The Environmental Protection Agency recommends that for mold infestations larger than 10 square feet you seek the help of a professional. However, like most other suggestions by regulatory entities, it is not always followed. If you do find yourself trying to tackle a mold issue on your own, it is important to understand the limitations of bleach and other mold cleaners. While they are effective at removing the mold that is on the visible surface, the underlying growth that is not exposed can still promote future growth and infestation. Bleach and other mold cleaners can also be corrosive to metal and electrical components.